Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mouse in the House - hey that could be a song!

It feels like a while since I've written a post. I seem to be busy most days of the week - at least in the way of having things to do. Yet, at the same time, nothing really new has happened. Yes, I've had a couple more interviews. Maybe something will turn up with one of them. I actually feel hopeful about the one, and it's exactly the number of hours I've been looking for. So ... hopefully. In the mean time, I plod on with whatever I've been doing and look for new opportunities. I also don't have pressing issues to discuss in my blog, so I'm not sure what to write. Today will be more of a 'day in the life of' post.

Today, I actually took time to pamper myself. I slept in until 10:30 or so. I laid in bed until 11. I went to a friend's for lunch. In the later afternoon, I did a conditioning hair treatment, took a nice, long, hot shower, and did a facial. :) It's been a long time since I've done that kind of thing. Not the shower part - that's regular. :) I was in comfy, cozy clothes ready to stay in the night when a friend invited me out to Galli's, a local pub, for an open jam. I didn't play or sing today, but I enjoyed the music and hanging out with a bunch of people I know and some I don't know.

I also realized I think there's a mouse in the house. I hope not, but there's some evidence. Not so far in the way of droppings, but I came across a bag of lentils that had a hole in it with a bunch of lentils that had spilled out. I also found some chocolate chips that took a bit of a walk. Last night, I heard some scratching, some little feet, some digging. It sounded like it was outside my office window. Maybe it came through the drier vent? I don't know. Today, I found some evidence. I don't like the thought of a mouse in the house. I want someone else to deal with it. Maybe it will make its way back outside on its own. Unrealistic, I know. But I can wish, right? I don't want to see it alive, and I don't want to see it dead in a trap. I guess, I'd rather see it alive than dead. Afterall, I used to work with mice in a lab. But they're clean mice. This one wouldn't be. And I don't like surprises in the way of living things like that. It's one thing to see it, knowing it is there. As in a cage, or something like that. It's another to see it come out of some corner unexpectedly. I also don't want to reach into my cupboards and then touch the thing. Or find some dead smelly mouse. Yeah. Just go away!

By the way, the drawing of the mouse was my first attempt to draw something using a computer mouse other than straight line things like arrows or box-like houses. Haha. A mouse for a mouse, not a mouse for a house. Ah, nevermind. It's almost 2 am. Not sure why I thought that was funny. Why am I still awake?

No comments: