Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Today was a Good Day

It started off well.  I woke up at a decent hour and had some quiet time. I got ready for the day and started working on a document I need to prepare.  I also followed up with some phone calls, although I wasn't totally impressed with some of those results. When making my lunch, I got a call about an interview - for a 'real' OT job. The role is for working with youth who have eating disorders. I did a placement in this area and really liked it. So, we'll see. I went for a workout, then went grocery shopping.  Yesterday, I was invited to this event of sorts for today - preparation for a birthday gift for someone I know a little bit.  I knew none of my 'typical' friends (as in the ones I hang out with all the time) would be there, so I went to this event wondering how long I'd stick around.  Alas, I was one of the last to leave! It ended up being me and the 'crazy ladies' from church and a couple other people - seriously they call themselves that. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. And it was so good seeing my landlady with such a bright smile on her face. I haven't seen her so happy in a long time. I got a great video of one of the ladies singing and trying to do a trick with a fan. It was so funny. It's not on my camera, though, so I can't post it. But I'd certainly love to! Seriously, I didn't imagine I'd have so much fun! I like those unexpected moments. And, my evening ended with a really good conversation and hearing some awesome news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hearing some awesome news.....and what??? you aren't sharing??????

I hope you hear some awesome news about your job interview!! From Elaine

patti said...

Haha. Sorry. The news was about a friend, which is why I wasn't including details.