Saturday, October 11, 2008

Zombie Walk






Today, while roaming my community, I came across the Zombie Walk. People were dressed like zombies, walking like zombies. White faces. Faces that were made up to look bloody. Ripped and tattered clothes. Scroll down to see some pictures (some are a little blurry as I couldn't get in close enough to get proper pictures).

A few links about Calgary Zombie Walk:
2006: gives a description: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/117451/

2008: The Dead Mile
Dead End Days - zombie comedy
Zombie costuming


The official T-shirt:




Anatomy of an Outbreak:
Make-up tips for the fashion conscious zombie.
Yes, you do have to dress like a zombie. Those who do not do so are welcome, but risk having their brains eaten by confused zombies. You have to admit - they’re not all that smart, but they know a good living brain when they smell it.
Potentially useful things to keep in mind:
Causes of zombie-ness:
As everyone knows - or should know - zombies are usually attributable to one or more of the following:
- voodoo
- science gone astray - chemical or biological accidents, experiments, viruses and the like
- the apocalypse
Of course, there are many more possibilties. Be creative. Corpses in all stages of decay are encouraged.
For the low-budget zombie:
- Oatmeal and liquid latex works wonders.
- Food colouring and corn syrup makes convincing blood, but sticky. However, also delicious.
- Bloody entrails can be easily made by stuffing pantyhose with old sweatsocks, then soaking the whole thing in a bowl of fake blood.
- Value Village - but I’m sure it’s hardly necessary to mention that. I’ve heard that burying your clothes in the backyard for a week or two can help them look (and smell) extra zombie filthy.
[copied from linked site]



This guy (to the right of the lady) was by far the best dressed up as far as I'm concerned. Too bad I couldn't get a picture of his face. When he was facing me, it freaked me out a little. I didn't get my camera ready in time.






(A little blurry, I know ... but it captured what some of the people looked like)

Even the kids get in on it:



Front and back

No comments: