Sunday, November 28, 2010

Update on Employment Situation

Some of you may already know ... I got a job this week! It's a casual position at the Peter Lougheed Centre (hospital) about 10 min from where I live but with regular hours each week for the next while. I expect this to open up more doors and there is a possibility this position I am covering for with the casual hours will become a permanent position. I'll be working in the Mental Health in patient units. From what I can tell, it looks like a good group of people I'll be working with. I had to turn down some teaching for the winter session as it directly conflicted with the hours at PLC. I'm still involved in the program redesign. I'll also be doing a full day workshop / conference on working with inner city populations, the OT Role, and how to advocate in May. Things are definitely looking up financially.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Patti!!!! It was great doing dinner last night, if you can make it to the evening service Dec. 2 @ 7 p.m. please do.

patti said...

Thanks Ty. It was good having dinner with all of you! This Thursday, I have something else up, but hopefully it works some time. I do have something up most Thursdays right now.