Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lists and Upcoming Interview

I can't believe how many little things I have to do lately. I'm coordinating and teaching a course that ends next week. Things don't always end like like we plan, and that's the case this time. I'm trying to set up some site visits, but now one bailed and the other I haven't heard from in a while and I don't know what time they want the students to come. I also have to mark some assignments, with more to come next week.  I have some follow up to do with some contract work - a list of things, actually. I think I'm just not used to it. But I'm also feeling more productive these days when I know I'm getting things done. I can see the checkmarks or the items getting crossed off on my lists.

Along with that, I also have an interview tomorrow morning. Although I'm looking forward to the interview and possibly working at this place, I feel a bit of conflict around it. This one is a full-time position. Yet, I still want to be able to do more teaching, as the school asked if I'd take on another course. And I still want to do the contract work and build up my business. Ideally, I want a 3 day/week position to allow room for the other work.  I don't know if that will be possible. I also don't want to ruin my chances of getting the position by bringing it up. I'm interested in the work involved with this position and I do need income. I'm sitting well below zero and have been for most of the month. My EI runs out in November. I need something soon! Based on my previous experiences in interviews, I also have a concern at the back of my mind that as soon as they see my wheelchair, or if I walk in then my uneven gait, that they will discredit me as a potential employee. This has happened so often and it is very discouraging. So, where I'm at right now, I enter this interview with trepidation. And I need to enter it with confidence. I've met at least one of the interviewers before, and possibly the other two. So hopefully my disability won't be an issue for them. One of them actually encouraged me to apply to work in their program, so that's a positive sign, right?

No comments: