Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update on moving #2

I'm all moved in and starting to settle in. Well, almost. I still have my love seat, armchair and freezer somewhere else.  The plan was to get that today, but weather conditions led to deciding for another day.  Aside from that, the move went really well! I had lots of people helping at different stages of the process and I'm so thankful for that!  I'm nearly unpacked except for my office.  For that, I need to get a shelf.  I'm also happy that I won't need a big shelf in the kitchen. I have an idea of what I want to do for the little bit that I need a shelf for and it should be pretty cheap. I have a problem reaching the upper shelves but I found something that should work to place on the counter itself where the microwave could go - which is on a separate cart. I'm really liking the place. It's so good to be out of the old place and in my own space again.  Not that roommates are a bad thing.  Like I've said before, I've had some good roommates. :) But I don't feel like I have to live in fear anymore that I'll make someone mad or annoy someone with my typing at my computer or cooking in the kitchen or running the faucet or simply just being in the space. I hated the unpredictability of not knowing what kind of actions would lead to some sort of reaction. Although this place is a basement suite, there's easily as much light as at my previous place. It's also good to have my bed again! So good to sleep in my own bed!! I wasn't exactly sure how the stairs out front would work, but I've found a way to get my wheelchair piled with groceries or other items up the steps.  There is a long flat space between the steps so it's a matter of bumping the wheelchair up each step. I was concerned the eggs would break but they were safe. And otherwise, I simply use my cane to help with balance when going back and forth between the house and my car. And, hopefully, once I have everything here and I have the remainder of my things unpacked, or rather placed in the right places, I will take some pictures and post them. I think living here will be a good thing!

No comments: