Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Great Service!

I'm sitting here in my hotel room - no, rather, suite, eating a Jerk Chicken and Coconut Lime Vinaigrette salad with mangos, cranberries, roasted red onions, sauteed red peppers and feta cheese on a bed of spinach.  What an amazing salad! I discovered this awesome salad place within a Good Earth cafe that is at the base of the hotel.  The service was awesome at this restaurant too! The guy at Good Earth, though, was puzzled when I just wanted to buy a couple tea bags.  But, you see, I want to use the tea pot in my suite.

The service here at the hotel is pretty amazing too.  Every time they see me, they ask if everything is alright with the room.  They also ask if I'm with the university.  I'm guessing they must have a standing agreement with the university about expectations.  That, plus this doesn't seem to be a standard room. When they helped me with my bags, I asked if they could get the teapot down as it was on the top shelf. Other than that, wow! :) There's a separate bedroom complete with bathrobes and an iPod station.  There is a large tv in the bedroom as well as the living room.  There is a couch and chair as well as a desk and a cute table / chairs combination.  And there is a full kitchenette. Oh, yeah, and a safe box.  Pretty impressed!

And now, to finish my meal and get to more prep work for tomorrow's interview.  I have to give 2 40 minute presentations with a 15-20 minute Q & A period after each. Also, I believe I have about 5 interviews within the interview process plus a lunch with faculty and a dinner with the selection committee.  It will be a busy day!

By the way, I'm still really enjoying the salad.  My mouth is burning a bit from the jerk chicken - but such a good combination!

No comments: