Monday, May 25, 2009

A summary of my last few weeks



Near Ribbon Falls, Kananaskis


I've wanted to post a few times lately, than ran out of time - as in, I knew it would take a long time to upload photos and to sort photos and I wanted to include photos.

Last weekend, I was outside most of the week. I went to K-Country again with a co-worker. I took quite a few pictures. It was so great to get out of the city and enjoy God's beautiful creation. And, my friend and I had a wonderful time of sharing and laughter. Although many of the paths in the area are paved, we somehow ended up picking the one that was only gravel. We had to turn around about a couple km's in and could not finish the loop. There was still too much snow. We didn't see any wildlife except for butterflies. Oh, and a chipmunk. The next day (Sunday), I went out on my scooter in the neighbourhood, along the river paths. It was such a beautiful day! And, once again, I took lots of pictures. You get the theme? In the evening, I went to a backyard fire with some friends - it was a good time. I hope this summer brings many more backyard or camping fires. This weekend, I've done a lot of reading. I'm reading How God Speaks to You in Your Love Language by Chapman, and My Sister's Keeper, a story about a girl who was essentially genetically designed to be a donor match for her sister.

Today I went to work on my scooter. I wondered whether I'd get home before the rain came. It just started raining a few drops when I got to the back alley. It poured for a while after that. The sky colours were amazing after that.

Here are a few pictures I've taken over the last while. And believe me, these are only a few. I think I've taken close to 300 in the past few weeks.

These were taken from my balcony on 05/25/09.




Taken on 05/17/09, on Elbow River paths, Calgary



Taken in the Kananaskis area (near Ribbon Falls)



Notice how the underside of the monarch butterfly looks like dirt. Genious camouflage.


No comments: