Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bono link on the difference between grace and karma

In my last post, I shared the lyrics of one of the U2 songs that I love - Grace. A line in the song says "She [Grace] travels outside of karma" and I love that line. Karma says you get what you give. Grace is not logical. It is not based on what you did or didn't do. Grace is love. A quote from a blog I came across today on the difference between grace and karma provides a good description of the difference:
And yet, along comes this idea called Grace to upend all that “As you reap, so will you sow” stuff.  Grace defies reason and logic. Love interrupts, if you like, the consequences of your actions...
So, have a read through of this blog entry of an excerpt from the book Bono on Bono: conversations with Michka Assayas, 2005 (Hodder), Chapter 11.

Visit the blog entry at: http://resistanceandrenewal.net/2014/01/26/bono-on-the-difference-between-grace-and-karma/.

No comments: