Sunday, April 15, 2012

Neighbours and Journaling ... Do the 2 go together? In this post they do because it's Miscellaneous!

Today, I met three of my neighbours. It's not that I haven't seen any of them before, but I actually had conversations with them. I met a guy who lives upstairs. We didn't talk about much, but at least I now have a familiar face. Later, I met the 2 guys who live across from me. They are selling their unit, so I had a look around. I wasn't checking it out to buy, but more because I'm curious as to what that unit looks like. They're moving to Vancouver Island. They seem nice. It's kind of too bad I'm only starting to get to know them and now they're going to move away. Still, it's nice to have some familiar faces to greet here. I hope the people or person who buys their unit will be just as nice, and maybe even someone I can become friends with and maybe even hang out with.

Other than that, I feel extra tired today and I don't know why. Maybe its' because I'm coming off a week where my routine was different than usual. It was a good week, though. Mom and dad were here which changed my routine. It was a good time, though. After they left, I've been busy every night with meetings or youth. I'm hoping that by Tuesday, I will have my full energy back. Tuesday is when I'm back to work at the hospital. I am hoping this tiredness is not due to me getting sick or something. I know I am quite sore and need a massage - my neck and shoulders in particular are sore.

On a totally different topic, I came across a journaling site upon the recommendation of a colleague. Maybe I will try some of those strategies here in my blog. I hear I don't blog often enough! :) The site has examples to get people going with journaling, and, although I don't exactly see my blog as a journal, it is a journal of sorts. Maybe more specifically, some entries are journal-like, others are more article like, and still others are pictures based. Here's the link to the Journal Writing online mini-course. In particular, I want to try some of the 14 writing techniques found at the bottom of the page - just scroll down. Any bloggers out there, I encourage you to try some for yourself and let me know how they are going. I am labelling blog entries that I am purposely using a journal technique as 'Journal Writing Approaches' to find them easier when I want to go back and reflect on the techniques and what came out of using the techniques.

No comments: