Saturday, March 05, 2011

Writer's block

A lot has been on my mind lately, but somehow, it's not coming together for a post on the blog. I haven't thought through some of the 'topics' enough to really write anything. Life has been good, but hectic. That might be why I haven't taken time to really think through anything. Rather, I observe something, have a thought about something, and set it aside to come back to ... and then don't come back to it. And some of the other things just seem a little too personal to post on a blog. Like, if something significant happens between me and another person, but talking about it would break a confidence if people could read between the lines and fill in the blanks (when trying to maintain anonymity). Whatever the case, I need to think about why I post something - I know sometimes I blog for me. It can be somewhat therapeutic. It can also help readers to get to know me better. Sometimes I blog for the reader to get dialogue going or to get people thinking about something. Hopefully I will put something together in the next little while. For those reading who also blog, why do you blog?

No comments: