Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Productive Busyness

It seems like it's been a long time since I've posted a new entry. Life seems to have gotten busy, but in a good way. With the busyness, I feel like I'm behind in a few things already! But, I have taken time to do something I love as well - taking pictures.

The lens was fogged up, but I like the effect
I've started teaching at SAIT part-time for a 2 month contract. I'm teaching a Mental Health course. It's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying it. I've also started with the veterans work. This past weekend, I had a conference in Edmonton - OT in Psychiatry conference. There were some interesting presentations and I did some networking, so it was worth the trip. Then, I had the youth camp, the kickoff for the year. It was really good! It was nice being out in nature, but also nice to have a warm cabin to stay in when it was colder outside. Saturday night was especially fun, playing Mad Gab and laughing until my cheeks were sore! :D It's been a while since I laughed so much. I felt like I made a good connection with one of the youth, in particular, and got together with her today. As usual, I took lots of pics. I'm also still doing Samba drumming. I went to a workshop the previous weekend to learn some more techniques. It was a great weekend. It was also the same weekend our band was playing at church, so the weekend was really hectic. I was quite exhausted after all that.

Here are some pictures taken at the youth camp.

Newborn kittens, but already they have learned to hiss to protect themselves.

No comments: