Sunday, June 13, 2010

Have you ever noticed birds' wings flutter when they chirp?

I know I haven't posted in a while.  I'm not exactly sure what to post about.  I've kind of hit a slump.  I've lost some motivation in looking for work and even in getting my business going.  The looking for work is very discouraging.  The getting-the-business going - well, it hasn't been hugely successful yet and it looks like a lot of work.  I don't know exactly where to start to get it off the ground again, although this weekend I did a lot of brain storming.  I'm looking at the idea of providing piano / keyboard lessons for people with disabilities.  My OT training should come in handy with that and I do have 7 years experience giving lessons.  I definitely have a lot of things to think about and do.  Getting the word out there will be a big challenge. Finding a place to provide the lessons will also take some organizing and networking. During my reflection time, I was also thinking about some other things in my life and feeling a little discouraged.  Something neat happened while I was thinking about that.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move.  I turned my face to see a bird hopping along the edge of the garage roof. It just struck me as neat.  I watched the bird for a while longer, and I noticed that as it chirped, it's wings fluttered and I was in awe.  Haha.  In awe at a little bird. The intricacies of it's movements.  It reminded me that God cares about and provides for everything a little bird needs - how much more does he care for us as humans, made in his reflection.

No comments: