Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Crossroads

It seems my life might be heading to a crossroads in the near future. As my current contract draws to a close, I find myself wondering where life will take me. I have a pretty important interview coming up at the end of March for a faculty position with the University of Alberta. It's an exciting opportunity, and whatever may come of the interview, the process will be an experience worth working for. At the same time, I need to move again. Originally, it was for the end of April, then it was bumped to the end of March, and now I can wait until the end of April if need be. I feel like I'm in the same situation as when I considered moving to Calgary. The opportunity to work at the Seed was exciting and something I thought would be good. But, I was also comfortable. I liked my apartment, my neighbourhood. I wanted to stay where my friends were. I was the right distance from my family to see them somewhat regularly but still be independent. Now, my living situation may not be so ideal, but I like where I'm at other than that. I also realize that I would not have met some awesome people had I not taken the leap of faith to come here. Somehow, I feel that I will be able to maintain these relationships if I do move. I have hope that things will work out somehow. In a way I hope it won't come down to a decision between something in Calgary or Edmonton. It would be the 'easy' thing to stay in Calgary, but the Edmonton opportunity would be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And, if I don't get this position, well, I need to continue to work towards finding something. Another contract. A position. And a new place to live. Well, that's a given either way. But, for right now, I need to take things one day at a time. Continue to work on getting my presentations ready for the interview. Continue to develop and focus on relationships here. Continue to be involved at church. And continue to listen to what God has to say. To converse with him. There is a lot of uncertainty to life. I guess, in ways, that makes it exciting too.

No comments: