Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Thankfulness List

Being Thanksgiving and all, I thought I would put together a list (although small in comparison to everything I'm thankful for), both as an exercise to think about what I'm thankful for and to maybe to motivate others to think about this.

Things I'm thankful for. :) And, in no particular order.

  1. Family. Wish I could be there for Thanksgiving dinner to be with you all. But, hopefully it will work to come out for Christmas.
  2. Little emails that let me know I am loved and cared for (Thanks B H and KK H for the notes this week!)
  3. The genuine faith of a child.
  4. Friends - who have been there for me and continue to be there - Ruth, Kendra, Jason, Perry, Nathan, Janet, Mixed Nuts, Nanda, Katia & Renzo, Crystal, Mike, and friends I've made more recently!
  5. Beauty and nature. Today I noticed the neat snow flakes on a leaf and SO badly wanted my camera with me to take a picture of that. :)
  6. Photography.
  7. My faith.
  8. My church family.
  9. My mind. To think, to reason, to discuss, to read, to process, to drive a car, etc.
  10. My car. Especially on cold days like today!
  11. My senses - to be able to feel the wind on my face, touch something soft (did you know that many items in store now say "touch me" on them? If I couldn't stop myself before, now I definitely reach out and touch those objects!), taste dark chocolate, smell fresh coffee, see beauty, hear music or the sound of a river rushing or the crunch of leaves in fall, to perceive where I am in space to generally stay upright when I need to, and yes, even for pain that lets me know I need to take life easier on occasion.
  12. Drumming. And the occasions where I can't wipe the smile off my face. :)
  13. A place to live, food to eat, the basics in life.
  14. My education and experiences in life.
  15. Ability to play various instruments.
  16. Books.
  17. The world of communication - internet, email, cell phone, television, newspapers, blogs, facebook, etc.
  18. Good food, including turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie. Good coffee. Tea. Almost anything lemon, including lemon slices.
  19. A child's smile or laughter.
  20. Hugs!
  21. Candles. Mmm ... playing with fire. :D
  22. My scooter and the ability it gives me to explore places I couldn't without.
  23. Warm clothes. A winter jacket. Blankets.
  24. Sunny days.
  25. Airplanes that make trips to MB (or elsewhere) shorter!
And many more...

No comments: